Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday Snatch: Goliath by Scott Westerfeld

               This week's featured snatch is Goliath by Scott Westerfeld. It's the third and final book in the series that started with Leviathan and included Behemoth.
               I've been dying to get my hands on this book, but haven't been able to yet! Unfortunately I've used up my funds for books and I'm fifty-second on hold for it at the library. So I was very excited when I learned that Simon & Schuster was offering the first nine chapters online! Along with the beautiful illustrations :)
               If you scroll down on this page, you will see the first chapter. However, if you click on the cover of the book, you'll be taken to an eCopy with the full excerpt.

~Goliath Excerpt~

               Well, enjoy! And be sure to tell me what you think down below. :)

3 comments:

  1. 52nd in line! Wow, you must have a really busy library! I've heard great things about this series, but I haven't read them yet. I just got the first two on audio and am thinking about listening to them next (I love audio books while I'm exercising or cleaning) but then I wonder how much I'd be missing out with the illustrations if I go that route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help myself and read the excerpts. It's torture to read a bit of it and then have to wait for the book to arrive at my library, but it was worth it. I'm waiting for my library to send me an email that says, "Goliath by Scott Westerfeld is available for pickup." It is any day now! Heehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle: I actually listened to Leviathan first, and only discovered the illustrations later. But the audio book is fabulous too. The accents were perfect! I was talking like the characters for days:)

    ReplyDelete