Monday, March 5, 2012

Book Review: Three Dreams Deep by D. F. Lamont

   Three Dreams Deep



Three Dreams Deep was a shorter book than I've read for a while, but it still managed to leave me with the satisfaction of a well-crafted read.
  Willis (main character) embodied the innocence of youth while still carrying the responsibility of the dangerous circumstances squarely on his shoulders. He leaned on Sala to show him the ropes of her world, and I liked that in the end she was able to lean on him. And I loved how he didn't even consider forsaking his friends when the odds were stacked against him and he could easily have walked away. I did feel that Maya (antagonist) seemed to come out of nowhere, with no clear motives or emotions. But she served her purpose, and I definitely didn't want her to win.
Characters: 4.3 Stars
   Twining in and out of realities, or dreams, this plot was one of the more unusual ones I've seen. I couldn't put it down! Instead of simply dying, or the entire world being destroyed, the cost of failing in this world was to lose all individuality. To join a singular mass with no identity. A fate far worse than death. The important questions were answered, but, like all good books, the ending left my mind buzzing with even more.
Plot: 4.6
  D. F. Lamont paints a landscape so vivid and strange that the dreamlike atmosphere is easily recognizable. With no familiar points to draw on, the geography that bled into the plot was clear, and flowed effortlessly.
Style: 5 Stars


Rating: 4.6 Stars
Source: From Author for Review
Genre: Science Fiction?
YA/Junior Fiction

Author Info: D. F. Lamont
Website-http://dflamont.tumblr.com/
Twitter-@DFLamont
Goodreads-http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5134556.D_F_Lamont

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a really interesting read. Thanks for the review.
    Janiera @This is From my Heart

    ReplyDelete