Saturday, April 13, 2013

Book Snatch: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

             This week's book snatch, that I hope all of you raving fans have already downloaded, is Drumroll...Seige and Storm by Leigh Bardugo! And not a measly two chapters either. We have been presented a peace offering of five whole chapters!



                Shadow and Bone, though I didn't review it, gets an easy five stars. That being said, I was a bit apprehensive about reading this excerpt. Surely nothing could trump the beauty and artistry of Shadow and Bone. How could the fascinating characterizations continue with everything we adored from the first book and avoid becoming stale? And why, most importantly, can't a particular character have a whole new series to himself? (i.e. the Darkling, of course) But I was pleased with the sneak peak we are alotted. And though I can definitely sense a different tone than Shadow and Bone's, I decided it would be fantastic (at which point I hit myself over the head and exclaimed. Duh! It's Leigh Bardugo!)


Tell me what you think!
Gorgeous, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment